The morning after the night before

which in my case has absolutely nothing to do with alcohol and much to do with not sleeping through followed by a too early BART, bus and going to the SFVA. After getting through all the preliminaries (lab work, provider check, hydration) I hung out for hours getting various drugs through the usual IV route. The only oral drug in the R-CHOP combination is prednisone which you have heard me complain about more than once. I will try to limit my crabbiness this time. No complete promises, but will try.

DId I mention the premed drugs? Solucortef to start out the fun and oral meds to prevent nausea or itching. Since together they seem to do the job in preventing both allergic reactions and nausea, I am not really complaining. More stating that I feel like a bag of chemicals/drugs at the end of the day.

George came and bailed me out. Our route out of the city was over the Golden Gate in bright sunshine, over the Richmond Bridge and south to home. I certainly should not complain about the commute. One gentlemen has 2 1/2 hours each way (7 days every three weeks) and another is traveling about 3 hours each way every couple of weeks. Yes, they could go closer to home but would rather drive. States something pretty impressive about the care from my point of view.

I am crashing early obviously.

Cross-stitch update.

Since I am home and have [almost] all the thread I need –

This is where I was leaving the ship on Clock –

25 March 2017


And where I am now on the Flower Spray

28 March 2017

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

About Holly

fiber person - knitter, spinner, weaver who spent 33 years being a military officer to fund the above. And home. And family. Sewing and quilting projects are also in the stash. After living again in Heidelberg after retiring (finally) from the U.S. Army May 2011, we moved to the US ~ Dec 2015. Something about being over 65 and access to health care. It also might have had to do with finding a buyer for our house. Allegedly this will provide me a home base in the same country as our four adult children, all of whom I adore, so that I can drive them totally insane. Considerations of time to knit down the stash…(right, and if you believe that…) and spin and .... There is now actually enough time to do a bit of consulting, editing. Even more amazing - we have only one household again. As long as everyone understands that I still, 40 years into our marriage, don't do kitchens or bathrooms. For that matter, not being a golden retriever, I don't do slippers or newspapers either. I don’t miss either the military or full-time clinical practice. Limiting my public health/travel med/consulting and lecturing to “when I feel like it” has let me happily spend my pension cruising, stash enhancing (oops), arguing with the DH about where we are going to travel next and book buying. Life is good!
This entry was posted in Cross-Stitch, Home, Medical. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to The morning after the night before

  1. Marie says:

    Just catching up with you, I am praying this session of chemo will not be to bad ,we hope .

    Your cross stitch is amazing, I am struggling with stamped cross stitch. I started on the cruise a baby kit quilt and I am still at it .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.