Seeing a particular fractal while cruising around the web, I decided it would be a nice stitched project. Not huge, mind you, just the most interesting piece cut out and reduced to the same size as the bookmarks that I have been stitching.  The background is 14 count Aida in Black.

The planed cross-stitch

Progress.

We will not talk about the fact that I have to stitch a horizontal project on the vertical axis in order manage the fabric and frame. It was on the second or third color when I twigged to the fact that the pattern had printed out for horizontal which meant I was looking sideways at all of the symbols….

I did reprint the whole thing in landscape rather than portrait which did make things easier.

Current Status

25 March 2017

 

Chronological Progess

19 Feb 2017

20 Feb 2017

and then I decided that Navy was a much better idea and it wasn’t simply going to take all that long to stitch massive amounts of background black compared to figuring out what to leave blank….

10 March 17

It was about here, on ship when I figured out that I was missing four colors which meant I was going to have to leave holes to be filled in later. Not a good look for the canvas.

15 March 2017

17 March 2017

19 March 2017

Clock Fractal 20 March 2017

23 March 2017

Print Friendly, PDF & Email