Seeing a particular fractal while cruising around the web, I decided it would be a nice stitched project. Not huge, mind you, just the most interesting piece cut out and reduced to the same size as the bookmarks that I have been stitching. The background is 14 count Aida in Black.
We will not talk about the fact that I have to stitch a horizontal project on the vertical axis in order manage the fabric and frame. It was on the second or third color when I twigged to the fact that the pattern had printed out for horizontal which meant I was looking sideways at all of the symbols….
I did reprint the whole thing in landscape rather than portrait which did make things easier.
and then I decided that Navy was a much better idea and it wasn’t simply going to take all that long to stitch massive amounts of background black compared to figuring out what to leave blank….
It was about here, on ship when I figured out that I was missing four colors which meant I was going to have to leave holes to be filled in later. Not a good look for the canvas.