I can’t say as that I made any resolutions on getting my act together. Non the less, looking around this disaster of a house I will have to admit having at least some of the responsibility. Can’t dust or vacuum if I am not here but that isn’t most of it.
Most of it is all the “stuff.” I have mentioned before not really being horders, more like being packrats. Horders save everything, packrats save the [to everyone] useful items in case their time comes around again. Or if the IRS wants to go back 15 years or they might want to re-read a paperback or perhaps sew something out of polyester double knit. Ok, that last one was a free-bee; I got rid of the last of the really horrible fabric prior to moving to the UK. At least I think I did. Can’t think of any where it might be stashed.
But I will acknowledge that most of the books, yarn, craft supplies and fiber stuff belong to me right in the same breath as saying that George has the vast majority of movies, albums and files. We both have at least some clothes but not beyond what really fits in the closets. He has more shoes that I do, even if he denies it. I am just not a shoe person.
Anyway, I started today early with a train station run followed by an Eldest pick up/drop off. I then came home to coffee and a task list. On that list were a number of items including
- finish up registering and releasing another 50 books on book crossing
- finding the next batch of books to go
- contacting a number of people in follow up of Saturday including finding fiber and burning off a couple of CDs
- downloading and backing up files
- finishing, blocking and photographing the last couple of weeks worth of knitting as well as posting to Ravelry
- cut almost a foot off my hair to take it to mid back (last time I did that was a two years ago when I whacked it back to my shoulders. Not having to wear it up all the time is wonderful)
So it is now 2230 at night. I have a bag of books ready to be dropped off and about 50 more to be registered tomorrow. Ravelry is updated which means all that remains is some blocking), computer is up to date including weeding out files. Notebook is started for the next cruise. I also have personal cards printed and mailing labels for post cards. My bills are paid, the kitchen is still clean and I managed to sneak in a bit of reading in the sun.