Deliberately I did not check on flight status this morning. I could see very well out the window that it was snowing. I am not stupid and just wanted to play in denial, besides we had a car booked to take us to Newark. Yes – going to New Jersey to go to South America. Go figure.
So here I sit in the United Lounge. George, I, a whole Asian contingent whose flights have been cancelled and various assorted American unhappy business types who can’t manage to speak softly on the phone.
I have been busy thanking everyone who braved the weather to come to work, I certainly appreciate their effort. One of the lovely women at the desk checked on possible flight connections. Answer? There aren’t any. If we don’t make it to Houston in time for our 2100+ departure we can’t get out for another three days. I am booked on Choice Air – so they are going to have to get me to the ship one way or the other. George is not. I am hoping status with the airlines will help at least a little.
1904 Update –
Well, the flight was about an hour late taking off, but we made it out of Newark and are now safely ensconced in the United Club, Houston. Our flight is now delayed from 2200 to 2330. I think it might have something to do with the plane not yet having arrived. But I am hopeful.