Taking some of the wonderful Lima yarn in sage green from Rowan that I scored on that Army-Navy sale, and needles, I pulled a pattern from Knitters’ called Chocolate Diamonds.
Finishing up the front, I decided to actually follow the construction directions. Seaming the first shoulder, I picked up all the stitches for the collar.
From there, it was knit in ribbing for a long time on successively larger needles
and then I went ahead and seamed the first side before finishing the collar
the collar looks a bit long, but when folded down, it really looks nice. And I do like the diamond pattern on the front (and back).